CERTIFICATION COURSE ON DRILLING TECHNOLOGY
This basic drilling technology course addresses the technology used to drill wells from a fundamental view point. Equipment and procedures involved with drilling oil and gas wells are described for those who are interested in understanding the drilling process .
• Definitions and descriptions of drilling equipment.
• understand the drilling process.
• components and procedures are discuss
• Flow Diagrams
• basic science concepts which guide these processes.
• descriptions of drill bits, directional drilling, drilling fluids, solids control,
• cementing, casing, well bore stability, well control,
• measurement-while-drilling techniques, stuck pipe, lost circulation, and well bore hydraulics.
understanding of drilling operations for all participants, with or without a science background
• clay mineralogy well bore instability and drilling fluids.
• Pressure and pressure
• Procedures and problems associated with drilling wells.
• Rocks behave differently under pressure and understanding this behavior helps in understanding drilling performance
• Aspects of drilling operations and concepts and intent of these mathematical equations