CERTIFICATION IN OIL AND GAS ENGINEERING (3 MONTHS)
• Specific examinations
• All General Examination will be Subjective Examinations.
• Specific Examinations are Subjective Exams based on a given reference specific Codes which will be allowed to refer during the examination time.
• Practical Examinations are held in suitable specimens and record in the respective reports.
• Viva is conducted as a part of practical examination
• Onsite Case study submission is a major part of the examination.
Certificates of QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEER (QC), IADC (International Association of Drilling Contractors),SIX METHODS IN NDT and OIL& GAS ENGINEERING will be awarded to candidates by the authorized certification body ASNT (American Society for Non Destructive Testing) & STED (Scientific Technical Education Department, Govt Of Kerala).
Graduates may find employment asInspectors in Offshore and Onshore, Refineries and Drilling Related Operations etc.
This course is designed for candidates who intend to enter or enhance their career prospects in the Oil or Natural Gas industries. This course explores the geology, exploration, drilling, production, reservoir engineering and management, distribution and transmission of oil and gas from practical and theoretical viewpoints.
Three months (Covers QC section, NDT LEVEL 1 & 2, HSE, Oil and Gas Engineering) with Onsite training.
• Oil & Gas Formation
• Oil & Gas Scenario in India
• Oil Wells
• Seismic Survey
• Drilling of Oil Wells
• Blowout prevention
• CDS (Crude Stabilization)
• Crude Oil Storage
• Crude Oil pumping to ship & transportation
• Major players of Oil & Gas in the world
• OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries)
• Crude Oil Distillation
• Petroleum Products
• Start up –Shut down of plants
• Transportation of petroleum products
• Issues related to petroleum product transportation
• Unit Operations
• Written Test & Case Analysis
• Oil & Gas Safety Management.
M-tech/ME, BE/B-tech in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical, Degree etc. Those who are waiting for final semester result as well as those who have to attend supplementary examinations may also apply.